This rate card is intended to show pricing ranges for typical work requests with the understanding that each prospective client has individual needs that may call for unique pricing.
Online Marketing, an overview
We will get more potential customers to your website and social media channels and we will get more of your visitors contacting you. We can determine what your potential customers are searching for and ensure you show up within those search results. We can identify and contact third parties that are worthwhile having linked to you. We can set up and manage paid advertising campaigns. We can review your online presence on an ongoing basis to ensure that your primary business goals are incorporated into your communication & marketing process.
About Your Budget
You can spend as little or as much as you want on online marketing, depending on your business needs. We prefer to work with a minimum ongoing budget of $600 per cycle of work (typically per month). We will provide evaluations of the budget and further recommendations on an ongoing basis based on an increasingly more detailed understanding of your market and your competitors. Your budget can be revised or paused at any point.
Up to $800/month, the size of your budget does not change the tasks included in a typical marketing plan, it simply changes the amount completed in a given month. Twice the budget means that tasks usually spanning two months will span a single month.
Above $800/month we typically recommend a mix of around 60% search engine marketing (including search engine optimization, local search and paid advertising), 30% social media and 10% email marketing.
Above $1200/month we typically increase the relative percentage of pay per click advertising and include more creative marketing like contests, blogging, forums, and videos.
Typical Timeline, $600/month budget
The actual tasks involved in online marketing can vary quite a bit depending on several factors including search engine friendliness of the existing website, your industry, and your preferred balance of return on investment and speed of results. For example, if your website code is already search engine friendly, less time will be spent on improving it. If your industry is particularly competitive then email marketing to your existing customers may offer a better initial return. If speed of results is more important to you than return on investment, then paid advertising may be a larger percentage of the work, and search engine optimization may be a smaller percentage.
- Deposit is provided (100% of first month’s fees)
- Project dashboard is set up
- Audit of existing collateral (website, social media, stats setup, etc) ‣ Access / update plan is determined (who will be doing what)
- Search engine optimization OR Paid advertising planning is done ‣ High value website code optimization is reviewed
- Web & email hosting is reviewed
- Some quick win / high return on investment work is done
- Profile / listing housekeeping (brand consistency, descriptions)
- On-site search engine optimization is done and/OR
- Paid advertising is implemented/adjusted
- High value on-site code optimization production work is completed ‣ Off-site Citation & link building begins (ongoing)
- Content calendar is set up: social, email, website content plan (ongoing)
- Social media planning & production
- Email marketing planning & production
- Content calendar is further developed
- Pay-per-click advertising is adjusted
- Marketing dashboard is set up & reviewed
Work done after month three will be largely dependent on results to date and a thorough understanding of what the best return on investment will be for your marketing dollar.
Competitive Advantages to Online Marketing
Ongoing online marketing of your business will provide you with many competitive advantages, including the following:
- Gain visibility for your brand. Not all of your customers will be searching for your offerings online, however for those that are, you want to appear prominently in search results.
- Better understand your customers. See what terminology your prospective customers are using to find your services, see what information they spend the most time reading, see which websites are most likely to refer paying customers, and much more.
- Better understand your competitors. See when your competitors are spending money on online marketing, see what they rank well for, see when they update their websites and social media and what information they deem important enough to add, etc.
- Increase & better understand marketing ROI. Effective online marketing has an exceptionally high return on investment, well above many types of traditional marketing and advertising. In addition, it is much easier to directly measure the return on investment. e.g. Exactly how many certificates, bookings, gift cards, etc were purchased as a result of a particular marketing campaign.